Sign up for Free! read e-mail & earn $100,$200 and $500 per mail

road-mails.com
Welcome to Tinsel Town's English movies section.
CLICK HERE TO GET BACK TO MAIN PAGE



Director: Robert Wise

Cast: Julia Andrews, Christopher Plummer

Genre: Musical/Family/Drama

Rating: G

Release Date: 29 March, 1965

Editor's Review:
I first heard of the movie when I was perhaps 8 or 9 years old, but I had to wait almost 15 years or more to see it. I still remember how that happened. STAR movies, a local cable channel was playing it at around 3p.m. I was then doing my masters and had to cut lectures to see the movie. Believe it or not that was the first time ever that I actually bunked class. I ran home to see my movie and to this day I think it was worth the effort. If there are people who still believe in fairy tales then this is the movie version. Snow white, Cindrella et al are meant for books Sound of Music is celluloid magic. The very first scene where the camera shows us the Austrian hills was the among the first such shots that I had seen and it was breathtaking. The songs of the movie were already familiar having learnt them at school and seeing the original was like coming home. I have seen quite a few musicals, however, I believe if I was to name the best of them all then it would definitely be this movie. I was trying yoddling even when I dint know what it meant. Everybody should see this movie atleast once.

Preview:(for better results on slower connections, pause the video for some time before viewing)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment